Herania and Mirca

Hello! Welcome to the new school year, and the first Humanities class of the year, Stories! In this class, we learned about etiologies, adjectives, adverbs, similes, metaphors, sentence structure, and proper grammar. To prepare for this class, over the summer we read Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. We also had our first in-house FE (Feild Experience) where storyteller, performer, musician, comedian, and writer J.W. Basline came to talk to us about descriptive writing and how we could better our APs (action project). Talking about APs, our first AP for Stories was to write an etiology. An etiology is a story explaining how something came to be created, named, or destroyed, an origin story if you will. We are doing this AP to show our understanding of etiologies and storytelling as well as sentence structure. I actually came to enjoy how it ended up, and I hope you do too!



I believe this blog went really well.  Of course, I was very excited for the AP since I love creative writing, but I have to be honest, I was a little stumped. I'd never thought of how something came to be first; I usually head into the story developing the backstory later on. So this was a challenge I was happy to accept. It was a rewarding challenge since I think the outcome ended up coming together quite well! Though, if I were to do it again, I would give more thought to the structure of the story and have a skeleton before writing in detail. 

Comments

Popular Posts